Jordan Belfort, the former stockbroker played by Leonardo DiCaprio in the 2013 Wolf of Wall Street movie, recently filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to register his name, JORDAN BELFORT, as a trademark.
What types of goods and services does the Wolf of Wall Street intend to sell under his name? Apparently a variety, according to the application. The goods and services listed in the application span seven different classes and include the following:
- Cologne and after shave gel (Class 3);
- A variety of clothing, including shirts, hats, shoes, and pajamas (Class 25);
- Gaming machines for gambling and board games (Class 28);
- Beer, sports drinks, energy drinks, and soft drinks (Class 32);
- Wine and spirits (Class 33);
- Ashtrays, e-cigarettes, lighters, tobacco grinders, and tobacco water pipes (Class 34); and
- Entertainment services, namely, personal appearances by a celebrity (Class 41).