The goods and services covered by these applications are expansive, spanning 15 classes and totaling over $4,000 in filing fees per application. Some of the goods and services covered include:
- Fragrances and skin care products (Class 3);
- Baby teething rings (Class 10);
- Baby carriages and baby strollers (Class 12);
- A variety of bags, including tote bags, beach bags, and hand bags (Class 18);
- Playpens for babies (Class 20);
- Drinking cups for babies (Class 21);
- Crib bumpers, fitted crib sheets, crib skirts, and baby blankets (Class 24);
- Hair accessories (Class 26);
- Baby rattles and baby swings (Class 28);
- Online retail store services featuring music (Class 35); and
- Entertainment services in the nature of live musical performances (Class 41).
The applications, which were signed by Celestine Knowles Carter, were filed on an intent to use basis, suggesting Beyonce is not using these trademarks in commerce yet but has a bona fide intention to do so in the near future (which makes sense considering the twins were only born recently). See TMEP 806.01(b); 15 USC 1052(b).
Are these the names of Beyonce and Jay-Z's twins? You be the judge. But note this same company owns the application for BLUE IVY CARTER covering nearly identical goods and services. That application was published in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Official Gazette in January and is likely to register any day now.
Post a Comment